Senior IoT Electronics Engineer
Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
The Vehicle Engineering team at bird is responsible for development of all vehicle components from concept to production. As a Senior IoT Electronics Engineer, you’ll have electrical design responsibility to help develop Bird scooters and provide engineering input and solutions to develop key brand differentiators.
What You'll Do
- Key individual in developing IoT hardware for mass production for a rideshare scooter application.
- Manage schematic capture and PCBA layout of all prototype electronics.
- Work with suppliers to develop custom display and and antennas SOWs to be integrated on IoT hardware
- Evaluate design solutions as well as perform IoT electronics functional test and system integration.
- Work with other Electrical, Mechanical, and Validation Engineers in analysis, investigation and resolution of engineering problems.
- Create and construct working prototypes for testing and validation.
What You'll Need
- Design experience with motors, motor controllers, power supplies, inverters / converters, and/or power electronics
- Prior experience with STM32 microcontrollers
- LTE Cat M1, Multi Band GNSS, NFC, and Wifi Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering field
- 4-9 years related work experience
- Digital, analog, power circuit design experience
- Design for manufacturability (DFM) & Design for test (DFT)
- Experience with Altium Designer
- Experience with embedded firmware
- Experience with CANbus, UART, I2C, and SPI communications
- Experience with FCC, CE, UL regulatory bodies and requirements
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description