Senior IoT Electronics Engineer
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
The Vehicle Engineering team at bird is responsible for development of all vehicle components from concept to production. As a Senior IoT Electronics Engineer, you’ll have electrical design responsibility to help develop Bird scooters and provide engineering input and solutions to develop key brand differentiators.
- Key individual in developing IoT hardware for mass production for a rideshare scooter application.
- Manage schematic capture and PCBA layout of all prototype electronics.
- Work with suppliers to develop custom display and and antennas SOWs to be integrated on IoT hardware
- Evaluate design solutions as well as perform IoT electronics functional test and system integration.
- Work with other Electrical, Mechanical, and Validation Engineers in analysis, investigation and resolution of engineering problems.
- Create and construct working prototypes for testing and validation.
- Design experience with motors, motor controllers, power supplies, inverters / converters, and/or power electronics
- Prior experience with STM32 microcontrollers
- LTE Cat M1, Multi Band GNSS, NFC, and Wifi Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering field
- 4-9 years related work experience
- Digital, analog, power circuit design experience
- Design for manufacturability (DFM) & Design for test (DFT)
- Experience with Altium Designer
- Experience with embedded firmware
- Experience with CANbus, UART, I2C, and SPI communications
- Experience with FCC, CE, UL regulatory bodies and requirements
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description