Rival is on a mission to transform the $200B live events industry by empowering fans, teams and artists with a modern, authentic and trustworthy commerce experience. Live event ticketing is an industry that hasn’t been meaningfully disrupted in 30 years. It’s fragmented, reliant on legacy systems, susceptible to fraud and lacking in basic security. To build a universal platform, Rival is tackling unique set of problems and we're looking for fearless problems solvers to help us achieve our mission and inspire the fan in everyone.
We are looking for experienced iOS Engineers at all levels who love what they do and have experience in multiple facets of mobile development. We are building an ambitious technology platform in a highly collaborative environment where engineers, product managers, and designers work closely together. You will help define our mobile strategy in collaboration with product managers, UX and the Android team and architect the foundation for our iOS application.
- Experience building App(s) published on the App Store preferably with thousands of downloads or hundreds of reviews
- Proficiency in Objective-C (we are open to individuals with Swift experience as well)
- Experience with automated testing
- A talent for debugging and a practical knowledge of Instruments
- Experience designing RESTful APIs specifically optimized for mobile clients
- Experience using iTunes Connect, Testflight, and other common tools
- Experience with Apple's accessibility frameworks
- Experience working on challenging problems ranging from responsive user interfaces to large scale data sync and storage
- Actively demonstrates a strong product focus and an eye for design
- Bonus points if you have experience with Cocoapods as a Dependency Manager; building SDKs for use within other iOS apps; encryption (RSA/AES) and hashing
- Super bonus points if you have experience with video or image capture and processing via the likes of AVFoundation
We are a team of passionate and talented engineers, product managers, designers and operators who have come together to build something the right way from the ground up.
You’re one of us if you:
- Eat complexity for breakfast
- Get inspired by iconic consumer experiences that your friends and family care about
- Intellectually curious and quietly confident; we have big brains, not big egos
- Have a voracious appetite for learning, growing and pushing yourself to the next level
- Inclusive, collaborative and team-first contributor
- Lead with an open heart and mind, and generate joy for others around you
Life @ Rival
Rival respects your whole life. Whether you’ve got kids or you’re a dog parent or you direct musicals (yes we do all that), we know there’s more to you than work. Here are some of the ways we support our squad:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits with generous employer contribution
- Dog-friendly office in sunny Playa Vista
- Fully subsidized lunch and dinner
- Friendly and focused work environment
Rival is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and dimensional work environment.