Senior Integration Engineer
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
The IT Operations – Applications department is responsible for Application Support, Application configuration, integration, change management and Quality Assurance. We provide services, manage and support local and global applications by partnering with multiple project teams and vendors across various platforms and technologies. We interface directly with the clients and project teams to facilitate business efficiencies and/or cost savings which allow UMG to invest in new revenue strategies. Our client community includes retailers, publicity partners, marketing departments, ecommerce, online distribution retailers, various music labels within our company as well as internal UMG users.
The Senior Integration Engineer is an experienced candidate with affluent knowledge in both current and emerging technologies and systems. The Engineer must be confident to interface with various levels of management; able to work independently as well as with a team; be creative, resourceful and persevere when challenged; recognize the value of negotiation and transpire to leadership.
Utilizing strong interpersonal and communication skills, the engineer will focus on:
• Participating in the application code reviews and collaborate with the team in providing creative solutions or technology roadmaps for new and/or existing applications; assist in strategic decisions regarding application platform and architecture
• Review code and collaborate with project solution architects to establish integration, security and development standards, ensuring that the underlying technology meets both short term and long term business needs
• Provide counsel to executive management and validate solution proposals with particular focus on architecture integration, security and adherence to supportability, sustainability and delivery and that the proposed solutions can adapt to emerging business or technology demands
• Take a lead role in the hand over to support - onboarding the integration of applications into Operations from the respective Project delivery teams and ensuring we have the right skills and resources to deliver post implementation support
• Provide oversight and assist the support team in building and enhancing support capabilities and being hands on if/when needed
• Manage and provide guidance in process efficiencies and ensuring IP knowledge management ; coordinate and raise awareness and collaboration between the various solution engineers and architects both within the ITO and Projects groups and peers
• Research and evaluate third party commercial technologies, products, software/hardware to determine potential synergies
• Participate in the formal development of processes to enable the QA team as a demarcation between projects and operations
Our current applications have been developed using several of the following technologies: XML, XSLT, asp, .NET, Java Script, Visual Basic, Visual Studio .NET, CSS, DHTML, Visual Source Safe, C++, C Sharp, IIS, Site Server, Windows server, SQL – many of these technologies will be used on a daily basis.
• Development Platforms/ Languages: Visual Basic, HTML, XML, XSLT, asp, .NET, Java Script, Visual Basic, C++, C Sharp, Visual Studio .NET, CSS, DHTML, HTML, IIS, Site Server; MSFT Media Services (Windows Media Player), Visual Source Safe, SOA, Sitecore, CRM, Biztalk
• Database: MS SQL Oracle
• SSRS, SSIS
• Minimum 10 years IT Development and system architect/data design experience
• Minimum 3 years in a lead role
• Minimum 2 years recent experience with Web/Internet, Intranet and/or Extranet development and support
• Music industry experience preferred, but not required
• Experience with vendor outsourcing helpful but not required
• Experience with Cloud and Mobile technologies preferred but not required
• B.S. in Computer Science, business or related field
• Equivalent Experience may be substituted for degree
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.