Senior Information Security Engineer
Team and Role Overview
Relativity is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space -- starting with rockets. We have an ambitious mission, and we understand that it takes a team to achieve it.
The Senior Information Security Engineer is part of Relativity’s Information Technology team—they make sure that every Relativity employee has the IT tools needed to achieve our ambitious plans.. The Information Technology team identifies and rolls out impactful technology solutions across the company. It monitors the organization’s IT needs, always shows highest responsiveness to issues, and applies collaborative problem solving to enable highest productivity for all Relativity employees. In terms of information security, as a company
The Senior Information Security Engineer will develop and implement Relativity’s information security strategy. They will develop security standards and best practices for the organization, and align Relativity’s security strategy with the company strategy. In case of risks of and actual security breaches, they will be the first line of defense. Additionally, the Information Security Engineer will be responsible for educating the workforce on information security.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
As an Senior Information Security Engineer at Relativity, you will develop information security plans and policies, and implement protections. You will proactively test for vulnerabilities and monitor for security breaches, and investigate issues as they arise. Based on continuous reviews and audits, you will identify and drive key projects that improve Relativity’s information security and align with our rapid growth and the required agility within the company.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who has experience creating a comprehensive information security plan and a proven track record implementing effective protections. You are naturally proactive and anticipate issues, and use data to assess relevant risks and their priority. You are an effective communicator and engage effectively with all parts of the organization to inform on risks and create and implement effective, scalable solutions.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- 5+ years of experience designing secure networks, systems and application architectures
- Familiar with firewalls, data encryption, intrusion detection, anti-virus software, and content filtering
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies and methods
- Knowledge of disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods
- Experience planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures
- Prior experience in a system administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications
- Ability to communicate network security issues effectively and with appropriate sense of urgency
- Ability to read and use the results of mobile code, malicious code, and anti-virus software
- Willingness to learn new technologies and solutions quickly, and passionate about expanding your skill set
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.