Senior Gameplay Engineer
We’re looking for a Senior Gameplay Engineer ready to wear whatever hat is necessary to help bring our first vibrant new world to life! You’ll implement new gameplay features, design and create gameplay tools, and be a core member of a prototyping team that includes designers and artists. Being a passionate gamer, cultivating a growth mindset, and a love for solving hard problems is a must.
Gameplay is at the heart of everything we’re trying to do, and you’ll be at the tip of the spear in defining what this video game will be for years, or even decades, to come.
Expectations & Responsibilities
- Design, Develop, and Maintain the core systems that bring the game vision to life
- Deep understanding of how to create scalable software solutions for video games
- Create or Improve existing tools to empower content creators
- Help drive the architecture and technology choices that will allow us to create an incredible gaming experience
- Contribute innovative ideas and solutions to the game and its development process
- Mentor other engineers to increase their capabilities and productivity
- Bachelor's degree or better in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience working on AAA video games
- Demonstrated proficiency in C/C++
- Excellent math skills with an emphasis on 3D math
- Ability to write clean, easy to debug, well documented, and efficient code
- Possess a natural curiosity and desire to learn demonstrated by a willingness to work on a variety of systems such as physics, AI, pathfinding, audio, and animation
- Effective at working in cross discipline teams to achieve a shared mission
- Motivated by creating great games and great gameplay in particular
- Legally authorized to work in the US
- Base Salary, Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, 401k), and Equity
- Relocation Assistance
We’re a game development team based in Los Angeles, dedicated to the idea that online games can deliver deeper, more meaningful experiences.
With our first project, we’re exploring new styles of game design and tackling difficult technical problems to create a game that’s beautiful and intricate, delivering far more than superficial entertainment or basic wish fulfillment, an experience that becomes a meaningful part of your life. Our vision is to create a compelling virtual universe filled with rich and diverse gameplay experiences and social interactions that will keep you playing for years, evolving along with you and the rest of the community. We want our players to feel valued as well as a true sense of belonging.
Sounds ambitious? We think so, too. If you’re interested in the challenge of building a new genre, in making rewarding interactive & community experiences filled with amazing art and world class technology to support this living world, join us on the journey.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. Our website is www.singularity6.com. Please feel free to get in touch with us at [email protected] We are excited to hear from you!