Senior Full-stack Engineer
In this role, you will:
- Roadmap, Design, Build, Maintain, Test: first engineer role gets to scaffold for the others
- Create the architecture of a universal app that spans web, desktop (via Electron), and mobile (Cordova or similar)
- Decide on frameworks on the backend and frontend (prototype is using vue)
- Deliver multiple versions, a/b tests, which each deploy
We’re looking for:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
You will have to:
- Communicate effectively. We are building a team, and a team communicates with respect.
- Be independent; know when to ask questions, and when to figure it out on your own.
- Know your stuff and know what you don't know; strive for excellence and quality; learn from others; teach.
- Be dedicated, hard working, friendly
- Move quickly!
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The hustle of a startup
- Tremendous opportunity
- Building an extraordinary team
- Comprehensive health coverage
- Truly meaningful equity
- Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
WHAT WE ARE BUILDING
We help consumers claim their identity/profile data stored across various companies, give them insights and action items, and have them derive value from it.
More specifically, we are building an app for consumers: to create GDPR data requests across various companies; receive and interpret the data (visualize and score); let them monitor changes both over time and for changed interpretations (like 23&me); and intelligently clean the data by sending modification and deletion requests.
Eventually we will let users monetize their personal data, incentivize enterprises to implement our software, and rent deeper data profiles with full consumer permissions to data buyers in a privacy protected manner. We align incentives to reorient the personal data industry.
WHY JOIN US
We are mission based: we are going to put consumers back in control of their own data and create a shift that will revert the productization of people.
Ground floor opportunity at a new startup founded and funded by experienced professionals.
Engineering opportunities range from clients (desktop and mobile), to web, to our own server software. This is a place to leverage your knowledge, yet learn new things.
ENGINEERING TEAM AND PROCESSES
While we are used to the typical two week sprint, but this is a ground floor opportunity where the first year will be defined by the few people participating on the team. Founding engineering team gets to decide on the tools, practices, and cadence.
We will be the bank for all of a consumer's personal data, which requires respect. We need to minimize the potential blast radius of any exploit. What to anonymize, how to undo that safely, when to use encryption, and where data should reside, are all questions that need to be answered.
Some data may be local to a device, some may sync to an aggregation server, and some may stay in corporate clients' datacenters. Access control and privacy preserving analytics are fundamental. When we add incentivization, it will start to look like a blockchain project, with distributed analysis and federated machine learning.
PROJECTS YOU MIGHT WORK ON
- Consumer app: fast iteration and experimentation across desktop/mobile/web to determine what platform choices resonate with consumers, and what features users find useful to pay for and/or return to the app for.
- Distributed database with consumer nodes, enterprise nodes, and central marketplace nodes, all of which will have different access control and analysis engines, but part of a singular distributed database.
- Marketplace (future).