Senior Frontend Software Engineer
We believe that for developers, Github, Stackoverflow, or a portfolio can matter more than a resume. And we’d love to know your opinions on what we've built. What did you like and dislike from a tech standpoint? What would you have done differently?
Shippabo is a cloud-based supply chain management platform built by a team of shippers and supported by global logistics experts. Through Shippabo, businesses can oversee their supply chain from anywhere, at any time, and on their terms.
Technologies We Use: React, GraphQL, Node.js, TypeScript, MongoDB, Docker, Kubernetes, ES6
To empower everyone along the supply chain by bringing greater transparency, collaboration, and actionable data to the world of shipping and logistics.
Here at Shippabo, we believe in the power of empathy and trust, proactivity and resoluteness, continual learning and transparency. These values guide everything we do, internally and for our customers.
We’re a team of shippers, logistics experts, and technologists motivated by our massive shared opportunity: To transform the shipping industry. We’re tenacious, driven workers who believe deeply in achieving our mission, making an impact, and growing as a team all the while remaining supportive and empathetic coworkers.
We expect nothing less than an actively inclusive work environment. And we’re committed to hiring the best team we can — regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, education, age, or other personal characteristics. We’re people. We’re shippers. We’re a team.
You’d like working at Shippabo because we’re
- Creating solutions for real-world problems
- Continuously contributing to the tech and web community
- Have an independent environment in which to grow your creativity and potential
- A collaborative team of strong developers that likes to solve challenging and technical problem in a simple manner
Join an extraordinary team focused on developing, building and maintaining data and logic infrastructure for the business-client facing applications and Shippabo API.
You will be tackling challenging problems with a team of focused and talented engineers. Your team will appreciate your strong grasp of code design patterns and principles (e.g. SOLID). You enjoy collaborating with the team to standardize coding practices, breaking down complexities and problems into separate concerns, and building and supporting abstraction layers that simplifies and optimizes ongoing development.
Shippabo offers competitive salaries, great benefits, and a high-energy environment with lots of room for personal and professional growth.
On a day-to-day basis as a Senior Frontend Software Engineer you will:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Gather, verify and educate others on technical requirements
- Develop technical designs for yourself and others as required
- Author programming tasks for a user story or complete feature set
- Break down epics spanning multiple code modules into self-contained user stories
- Discover and share lessons learned and best practices
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Work on multiple projects concurrently
- Theme and style components for multiple platforms with Sass and html markup
- Develop tools and abstraction layers to reduces code complexity and repetition
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Are familiar and comfortable with the technologies, the tradeoffs, and the design patterns emerging in web services
- Are a quick learner, a self-starter, able to work independently, and are willing (and able) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
- High attention to detail and proficiency in HTML5/CSS3
- Possess experience with React or other similar frameworks
- Excel at breaking down problems, separating concerns and responsibility, and push for standardization and abstraction
- Solid fundamental understanding of testing (including stubbing, functional unit, and e2e)