Senior Front End Engineer
Greater LA Area
Appetize is a software (SaaS) company that provides cloud based point-of-sale solutions for large venues and markets. With high visibility customer-facing web applications, we are in the process of creating and rebuilding products with emphasis in scalability, maintainability and design: both visual design and code architecture. Join our growing Los Angeles team and help build the future of POS management.
As a Sr. Front End Engineer, you will be tasked with everything from small bugs and large architecture UX overhauls. Working together with a Product Owner (agile) and a small UX team, you will help guide the next steps towards maturing the legacy CMS and reimagine what is possible.
- Build scalable, testable and maintainable web applications with high visibility
- Maintain and enforce company branding and visual identity and UX
- Write documentation, coach peers and code review relevant contributions to products
- Collaborate with local and offshore engineering teams
- Iterate visual designs, select/create packages to address long-term challenges
- Have a thoughtful approach with attention to detail to constantly improve the team and product
- 3+ years of experience in Software Development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent listening skills
- Production experience in one or more backend languages: PHP, Node/TypeScript, Java Python or Go.
- Experience with OOP and Unit Testing
- Understanding of Web Design and User Experience best practices and fundamentals
- Proficiency with RESTful API integration and REST best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- Experience with SCRUM Agile methodologies and Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience setting up projects in Webpack, Babel and Grunt or equivalent
- Knowledge of deployment tools such as Jenkins and Docker containers
- Experience with Jest/Enzyme for creating comprehensive test suite
- Ability to maintain legacy frameworkless products with DOM manipulation/JQuery
- Proficiency in full web stack, security/privacy considerations, CORS in Single Page Applications
- Knowledge of JWT and/or Oauth2 workflows
- Experience with relational databases
- Ability to iterate towards a solution from simple briefs
About the Company
Appetize is a growing software company that provides cloud-based point-of-sale solutions. With the largest venues and stadiums in the country using Appetize products, we process every t-shirt, hotdogs, drinks and shrimp platters purchased in these locations. From Madison Square Garden, in New York City, NY, U.S. Bank Stadium, in Minneapolis, MN, to Banc of California (LAFC) Stadium, in Los Angeles, CA. Appetize is the dominant force raising the bar in enterprise point-of-sale solutions.
We are looking for exceptional software engineers to join our team as we tackle challenges and build an extraordinary product. This work has real impact on our customers and consumers of their products.
Read Full Job Description