Senior Engineer (Advanced Technology Group)
What you’ll do:
WITHIN is looking for a Senior Engineer to join our newly formed Advanced Technology Group (ATG).
ATG is tasked with solving hard problems in unique and sustainable ways. To join ATG you’ll need broad working knowledge of interactive software development - networking, rendering and 3D math, low level systems, content tools and pipelines, hardware constraints and performance optimization. We’re looking for folks who enjoy putting technology pieces together to build something unique. The work will always be guided by well defined business goals (ivory tower residents need not apply) - but there’s enormous scope for rewarding development with a small, highly capable and extremely motivated team of engineers with backgrounds in game development and digital arts.
The impact you’ll make:
- Leading-edge technology development for WITHIN, aimed in large part at creation and distribution of interactive, social VR and AR experiences across the available hardware ecosystems
- Comfortable with rapid technical prototyping to validate assumptions, and equally rapid recalibration as required
- This is an Individual Contributor role, but we do expect Senior Engineers to be comfortable with (and enjoy) helping to mentor and share knowledge with the broader engineering team when time allows
- Help recruit more world-class talent to the engineering team
What you’ll need to be successful:
- CS, Software Engineering or an equivalent degree is preferred
- Five or more years working in an engineering domain relevant to the listed responsibilities
- Demonstrable individual success with technology R&D - a proven track record of having impacted launched product with new technology
- Self-motivated individual with excellent problem solving skills
- Expertise with C/C++/C#
- Not required, but preferred: experience with digital content creation tools (Maya, Max etc) and artist/animator workflows, Unity development, native mobile development