Senior DevOps Engineer
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help oversee our infrastructure. You will report directly to the CTO and will be responsible for architecting and implementing solutions to help Enervee reach our goals. You will be Enervee's first DevOps hire. You will be joining at a great starting point. Our uptime and reliability is great, and most everything in our infrastructure is automated. But we have ambitious goals and we need more help on the DevOps front than our CTO and engineering team can handle on their own.
Our stack includes -- but is certainly not limited to the following technologies:
You’ll get a 15" MacBook Pro, but the choice of OS you want to run is up to you.
Our infrastructure is ran entirely out of AWS, and we currently utilize services such as EC2, EKS, Lambda, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, CloudTrail, VPC, RDS, S3, CloudFront, ElastiCache, Elastic Search, Redshift, and more. We use Bitbucket Server (git) and GitLab as our SCM's, Bamboo and GitLab for builds and CI, and Jira for project management. We currently have over 100 EC2, and 50 RDS instances running in AWS.
Our configuration management is handled by Ansible and AWS CloudFormation for our traditional servers, and we use a combination of GitLab and Ansible for our Kubernetes clusters.
Monitoring is handled with a modified TICK stack (Telegraf, InfluxDB, Grafana, Kapacitor). Logs are centralized in both CloudWatch and ElasticSearch. We're open to other solutions, this is just what we use as of today.
The technology department you’d be joining consists of 20 people. Our company is growing quickly, and we have 40 total employees, making our in-house technology team account for 50% of the company’s total size.
Our culture and environment is very much team-driven. We decide everything from the frameworks we use to project management methodologies as a team. Nothing is set in stone, and we’re always open to testing and especially giving new ideas a chance. If you see areas for improvement both in code or in our culture, you’ll have the opportunity to help shape us for the better.
At Enervee, You…
- Burnout by work 60+ hour weeks
- Be expected to deliver on expectations you did not agree to
- Work with “rock stars” who believe their way is the only way
- Be a team player in a flat-structured, highly collaborative, lean environment
- Architect and implement our infrastructure solutions
- Take risks and try new things to help move us forward
- Mentor and coach your peers to help them become better engineers
- BS or higher degree
- 10+ years of technical engineering experience
- 5+ years of DevOps experience
- Expert level experience with CentOS, AWS and Ansible
- Experience interfacing via CLI with databases such as PostgreSQL
- The chance to jump into the trenches with an exceptional team that cares deeply about our work, planet and virtually all of its inhabitants
- Very fine coffee, nutritious and utterly delicious snacks, and catered lunches
- Truly competitive benefits and stock options in a fast growing start-up
- Unlimited PTO