Senior Data Engineer
Honey is helping millions save money every day and we're growing! Our data pipelines process hundreds of millions of events per day. We are looking for engineers who love distributed systems and are motivated by the challenge of scale. Data engineering at Honey is a small team, so you’ll have opportunities to work on a variety of product features and technology platforms.
What you'll do
- Design, build and operate Honey’s data pipelines with a focus on performance and reliability.
- Participate in new feature development for recommendations, product catalogs, and mobile applications.
- Propose and evaluate storage technologies and methodologies with an eye toward scalability and performance
About youHere's what we're looking for as we build out the team, though we don't expect you have everything:
- 5+ years programming in at least one modern programming environment. Python, Scala, or Node.js are helpful but not required.
- 5+ years architecting with both SQL and no-SQL data stores. We use Redis, MongoDB, BigQuery, and HBase/BigTable.
- Experience designing schemas and maintaining representations for low latency, request-cycle queries.
- Experience with streaming platforms (PubSub, Kafka, Kinesis) and near-realtime data pipelines.
- Working knowledge of statistics and experimental design.
- Comfortable building and maintaining data infrastructure in the cloud.