Senior Backend Engineer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build, optimize and scale our Node.js platform and infrastructure.
- Ensure full observability into the state of Node.js services and real-time analytics.
- Collaborate with engineers to identify common pain points, develop solutions, and evangelize best practices.
- Provide technical leadership across UI engineering and help guide the overall engineering vision.
- Improve developer productivity through better tools, processes and frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of asynchronous programming patterns and developing a service oriented architecture.
- Design, development, and implementation of scalable and performant backend microservices.
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes to support hundreds of millions of records.
- Solve complex server side engineering problems.
- Value autonomy and ownership of your work.
- Responsible for the uptime of a production service.
- Work collaboratively with other devs on the engineering team.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Demonstrated mastery of front-end web development technologies and principles.
- Proven ability to research and learn new technologies.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Operational experience running Node.js services at scale.
- Experience building applications using Amazon Web Services.
- Building, maintaining, and evolving core libraries, services, and/or platforms.
- Helping teams adopt and/or migrate to your technology solutions.
- Building and operating scalable, fault tolerant, distributed systems.
- Utilizing cloud-based solutions.
- Using and writing REST APIs.
- Addressing complex architectural problems with simple, intuitive design.
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed. Enjoy daily healthy catered lunches, snacks and beverages, and top-notch equipment such as the latest Macbook Pro, 4k monitors, and adjustable standing desks. Submit your resume to apply!