Senior Backend Engineer
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking Senior Backend Engineers to help build out Honey's new generation of product offerings.
About the Team:
The Engineering team works on a combination of backend development, databases, microservices, and is constantly developing new features. We all work for each other and have a an emphasis on helping one another. We get to solve complex problems all while using good, modern technology.
- We use Node.js, but we'd prefer that you have at least 5+ years of experience with a functional backend language (Python, Ruby, Java, PHP etc)
- Familiar with HTTP-based APIs best practices and creating monitoring tools for them
- Comfort or a desire in using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in writing code, deploying applications, and debugging your applications in production
- Self-motivated to build and iterate in quick cycles
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Exposure to Express, Redis, MySQL/PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, or Google Cloud Platform a plus
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.