Senior Backend Engineer - Growth
Are you hungry to make an impact? Want to take a leading role in building systems reaching millions of people? Do you feel at home working on a fast paced team? Then come join our team, and be part of a growing company with a global brand and a highly engaged user-base!
As a member of the Growth team, you’ll work on features that aim to attract new users in targeted markets and demographics. We're looking for talented people to meet the exciting technical challenges we face. If you're an intelligent and highly ambitious engineer, we want to talk to you!
This position is located in Los Angeles, CA and we'll move you here!
As a Senior Backend Engineer on our Growth team, you will:
- Work closely with engineering and product leadership to create compelling new experiences for Tinder users
- Work on multiple features, components, or services within our team’s domain
- Drive architectural decisions, design, implementation, and operation of resilient distributed services that run on ECS or Kubernetes to serve hundreds of millions of users around the world
- Collaborate across various teams, including product, devops, platform, clients, community, etc.
- Ensure that technical designs support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, maintainability, and security
- Help us scale to meet the ever growing Tinder user base and global audience
- Serve as an example for junior engineers through your organization, communication, and professionalism
We're looking for:
- Excellent knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design and coding
- Hands-on experience building distributed backend systems handling high volumes of traffic
- Experience in handling ambiguous business requirements with excellent prioritization, time management abilities, and a focus on execution
- Passion to solve complex problems and make continuous improvements
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Hands-on experience with database technologies at scale (either SQL or NoSQL)
- AWS experience preferred
- An eagerness to keep learning and growing, and a passion for providing mentorship
- A passion for making high user impact and moving key metrics
- A BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or Engineering from a top school or equivalent industry experience
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with SQL and data exploration
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Kafka, or Apache Spark
- Experience with a container orchestration system such as Kubernetes or ECS
- Hands-on Client (mobile or web) development experience
- Leadership experience
- Implemented machine learning algorithms in production
- Run A/B tests and analyzed the results
- NodeJS or Java experience
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most important challenges
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) match and meaningful equity
- Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
- Daily catered lunches, endless supply of refreshments, basketball court, fitness classes and social events
- Modern, uplifting work environment in an ideal location
- And much more...