Senior Avionics Software Engineer
Greater LA Area
Team and Role Overview:
Relativity seeks a highly talented Lead/Senior Avionics Software Engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will directly work on flight software intended to fly on the Terran 1 launch vehicle. The main responsibility will be to architect and program flight software running on the vehicle which implements guidance, fault-mitigation, and communications services to the vehicle. Additionally, the person filling this role will be responsible for recruiting and hiring additional flight software engineers.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
Our mission is to change the people’s conception of the way rockets are built and flown. As the Lead/Senior Avionics Software Engineer, you will have a large impact on the Terran 1 launch vehicle software. You will personally develop the avionics software and system requirements in partnership with the Vehicle Systems team. Software is an integral part of the launch vehicle and also requires deep care and attention to detail in order to fulfill our mission of changing how rockets are built and flown.
You will deliver highly reliable flight software for the Terran 1 launch vehicle. Implementing best practices and ensuring high-quality code is also quite important as this is an opportunity to work on software for the first launch of Terran 1 which will be reused and iterated for future launches and vehicle upgrades. Recruiting and hiring additional flight software engineers will also be expected.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field and 5+ years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Block Diagrams
- Hands on experience working in the area of flight software for space applications
- Experience with embedded C/C++ or similar language
- Version Control System practices such as Git
- Embedded Linux/RTOS experience
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment
- Experience with ARM-Cortex based processors
- Real-time processing design
- Experience with embedded operating systems and their kernels
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description