Rival is on a mission to transform the $200B live events industry by empowering fans, teams and artists with a modern, authentic and trustworthy commerce experience. Live event ticketing is an industry that hasn’t been meaningfully disrupted in 30 years. It’s fragmented, reliant on legacy systems, susceptible to fraud and lacking in basic security. To build a universal platform, Rival is tackling unique set of problems and we're looking for fearless problems solvers to help us achieve our mission and inspire the fan in everyone.
Mobile is central to solving the most exciting user experience challenges that we face here at Rival. We are looking for Android Engineers who love what they do and are excited to take on hard engineering challenges. We are looking for experienced developers who will work with other engineers across the company to bring new features and products into existence, push the limits of mobile devices, and create great user experiences. You will work across a variety of languages, mediums – including potentially wearables, embedded, raspberry pi – and device types, and integrate them all within the Rival platform.
- 3+ years of Android development, 7+ years of general development experience
- Experience building Apps with a significant number of active users published on the Google Play Store
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the core Android APIs
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs specifically optimized for mobile clients
- Significant experience in Java or Kotlin
- Experience with Gradle and build management
- Broad exposure to common libraries like Retrofit, Dagger, RxAndroid, Glide
- Experience with Clean, MVC, MVP, and/or MVVM
- Extensive knowledge in Android SDK’s accessibility frameworks
- Experience with automated testing and taking the lead on debugging mobile related issues
- Effective communication on both technical and non-technical subjects
- MDM or any kind of unconventional app deployment
- React Native (or any JS or web experience)
- Various communication methods, i.e. USB, Bluetooth, NFC, Sockets (UDP, TCP/IP)
- Building SDKs for use within other Android applications; secure payment SDKs
- Bonus points if you've worked with Google’s Vision API; Android’s Camera API; ARCore and/or Google VR; video or image capture and processing, NDK & JNI or OpenGL
We are a team of passionate and talented engineers, product managers, designers and operators who have come together to build something the right way from the ground up.
You’re one of us if you:
- Eat complexity for breakfast
- Get inspired by iconic consumer experiences that your friends and family care about
- Intellectually curious and quietly confident; we have big brains, not big egos
- Have a voracious appetite for learning, growing and pushing yourself to the next level
- Inclusive, collaborative and team-first contributor
- Lead with an open heart and mind, and generate joy for others around you
Life @ Rival
Rival respects your whole life. Whether you’ve got kids or you’re a dog parent or you direct musicals (yes we do all that), we know there’s more to you than work. Here are some of the ways we support our squad:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits with generous employer contribution
- Dog-friendly office in sunny Playa Vista
- Fully subsidized lunch and dinner
- Friendly and focused work environment
Rival is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and dimensional work environment.