Security Engineer - IoT Security
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Work directly with vehicle engineering teams to design and build secure vehicle hardware, firmware, and communication protocols
- Develop tooling to automate and scale security testing capabilities to support rapid vehicle tech prototyping and development processes
- Work with engineers to ensure that critical systems and workflows have effective and appropriate security detection and response capabilities
- Work with huge amounts of data to detect and prevent attacks
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related STEM field
- 5+ years of experience in role(s) relating to IoT or embedded system security assessment
- Deep understanding of common IoT attack vectors and vulnerabilities
- Experience conducting security assessments of backend systems relating to IoT devices
- Experience recommending or implementing solutions to mitigate security vulnerabilities
- Familiarity with MVNO, SIM card provisioning
- Familiarity with encryption protocols such as TLS, SSL and protection for data in transit, data in use, and data at rest
- Experience with communication protocol and signal analysis
Technology we're working with
- IoT wireless communication including LTE Cat 1, LTE Cat M1 and Bluetooth
- UART, I2C
- Golang for backend systems
- Amazon Web Services
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description