We are a 200+ person team funded by top-tier firms, based in Santa Monica, CA with satellite offices in San Francisco. We are a low-key but tight-knit group of hard-working people working to fix America's broken healthcare system. Americans spend over $400 billion per year on prescriptions and too many people simply can't afford the medications they desperately need. Join GoodRx and help us solve meaningful problems that help us make people’s lives better every day.
About the Role
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is responsible for driving our test environment and development towards quality-centric methodologies by creating, designing, and implementing test automations for our products. The ideal SDET candidate will be driven by automation and is highly motivated and passionate about testing and tackling hefty engineering problems. They should also enjoy breaking code and finding exposures as much as our engineers enjoy building products. In this role, the SDET will be working with cross-functional teams including Developers, Product Managers, QA Engineers, Designers, and Technical Managers to ensure that the quality of our development and products are released with virtually no issues. This candidate will be responsible for creating test plans, test cases, and report defects while ensuring thorough documentation.
- Partner with product and engineering teams to review system requirements and technical design documents
- Create, design, implement, and maintain automation frameworks and test scripts
- Work with world class QA engineer to convert manual tests in to automated tests
- Devise test strategies to adequately cover requirements, develop high-level test scenarios that implement the strategy, and elaborate scenarios into detailed test cases
- Conduct testing, maintenance, and validation on all software products
- Perform regression testing and debugging directly Verify code patches and bug fixes
- Analyze and document test results and create detailed defect reports
- Be an advocate for QA and SDETs, help rethink, and improve processes and metrics
- Be on top of the latest frameworks and tools
Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 3+ years of SDET or QA Engineering experience
- BA in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of experience with automation frameworks testing Web Apps, Mobile Apps, API’s, using frameworks such as: Selenium, Xcode UI tests, and Appium
- Hands on experience using source control systems such as GitHub and understand git workflow
- Strong object-oriented design and coding skills
- Hands on experience with cross browser compatibility testing of web applications
- Use of compatibility testing services such as browserstack or saucelabs
- Hands on experience working with continuous integration tool (We use Jenkins)
- Proficient in writing comprehensive test plans and experience using a test case management system (We use TestRail)
- 2+ years of Python, shell experience
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Expert knowledge of writing technical documentation/defects and issues
- Solid knowledge of SQL and how to turn data into meaningful results
- Experience with Cucumber/Gherkin is a plus
- Bachelor of Science in computer Science or 5 yrs experience in similar field required.
GoodRx is America’s leading prescription price transparency platform. More than 8 million people use GoodRx’s website and popular mobile apps each month. GoodRx helps consumers save up to 80% on their medications by delivering prices and available discounts at nearly every pharmacy in the U.S. Thousands of physicians and employees use GoodRx, and its services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, the American Heart Association, The New York Times, ABC News, AARP, Forbes and many others.