The person in this role is responsible for ensuring that the software systems built at iHerb can be validated against expected behavior by developing and maintaining test automation programs. A solid understanding of software engineering principles and proven experience in developing test automation software in the past is required.
- Familiar with modern software architecture such as micro services, event-driven architectures, and containers.
- Can work with people and teams as needed
- to capture and verify expected behavior of systems under test.
- Able to identify areas of ambiguity in testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to write test automation programs that are easy to maintain and extend.
- Able to understand loosely defined specifications and discovery of software behaviors via ad-hoc methods.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to effectively communicate with the rest of the team.
- Strong ownership instincts.
Education and Experience:
- Experience with at least one test automation technology in the past.
- Experience in software development.
- Experience with working within a test automation team.
- Experience with being responsible for software quality
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or a CS/IT-related degree