If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
We are looking for a Certified Quality Engineer with experience in High level electrical or mechanical and/or general engineering standards is needed. Automotive experience is a plus.
You will be part of a quality assurance team striving to establish a new OEM quality system. You will be part of a team that will develop and implement a “Advance Quality Plan” – AQP principles and techniques for all aspects.
- Possess a strong understanding of core tools: AIAG, GD&T, CAD, ISO 9000 systems. Experienced with APQP, DFMEA, PFMEA, and Process data analysis.
- Knowledge in various processes; i.e. injection molding, stamping, assembly, etc.
- Develop testing protocols, dimensional inspection/functional testing and documenting test results.
- Failure analysis reports and corrective activity.
- Track development to meet program milestones.
- Develop and monitor with product engineer and Program manager the overall dimensional plan for program GD & T, & data scheme.
- Understand all performance and engineering specifications applied to the product. Analyze, troubleshoot and follow up on quality issues.
- Review and analysis of dimensional data. Confront and elevate issues timely.
- Travel requirements will depend on product development and supplier location.
- Ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in an organization, attention to details and organized. Must be a team player and a problem solver.
- Interface with engineering and operations to ensure design and development is being designed for quality.
- Spearhead and supervise the development of product standards and test requirements.
- Create and maintain company quality procedures, manuals and on..
- Analyze data to predict failures and corrective/preventative action in response
- Assist in developing the top quality system and building a culture of quality
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.