Quality Control Operator
Deluxe leads the advertising and entertainment industries with innovative supply chain solutions that help market, enrich, and enable media distribution to all platforms and all consumers throughout the world. Deluxe is a global company with presence in 6 countries. Our clients include the major Hollywood studios as well as a growing number of on-line retailers.
We currently are recruiting for QC Operators able to work swing/graveyard/weekend shifts. Candidates must be experienced in both Mastering and Film Restoration linear QC for content both file and tape based. These positions are located in Burbank, California.
• Individual will perform quality assurance testing on video, audio, closed captioning.
• Individual will perform incoming QC of the client supplied materials (audio, video, subtitles) for file production.
• Individual will perform file QCs using various playback platforms (Amberfin,Clipster etc.)
• Visual quality assurance testing of compressed video material.
• Audible quality assurance testing of encoded audio material.
• Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
• 3-5 years quality control experience in the entertainment industry.
• Master source quality control experience is required.
• Individual must possess advanced understanding of audio, video, film.
• Individual must be able to troubleshoot quality control issues, software and player anomalies.
• Individual must be organized, diligent and detail-oriented.
• Individual must possess solid verbal and written communication skills.
• Duties require an accurate and methodical approach to testing as well as a very focused and detailed attention to audio, video and film impairments and artifacts.
• Individual must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment with hard deadlines.
• Individual will need to make frequent "subjective" decisions as part of their daily function (e.g. determining the "severity rating" for quality defects, determining which defects are acceptable, etc.).
• Individual must be willing to work nights and weekends, including holidays and passed their normal shift end if necessary.
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.