Quality Assurance Manager
Hallmark Labs is a subsidiary of Hallmark Cards, Inc based in Santa Monica, California.
We currently operate two digital subscription services, Hallmark Movies Now and
Hallmark eCards, as well as ongoing initiatives in personalized, print-on-demand
greeting cards. We are a diverse team of innovators, creators and influencers
leveraging Hallmark's deep experience in creating meaningful connections and
progressing it into the digital age with cutting-edge technology.
Are you great at what you do and passionate about your work? Are you honest and
Are you a self- motivated, go-getter that likes to have fun?
If so, you are in the right place.
What we're looking for...
The Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for overseeing the QA of all web, mobile and devices for our apps and sites. This position will oversee/manage a team of fulltime QA resources and set deadlines and direction for the team. The ideal candidate should be very knowledgeable of the scrum process. The objective as a team is to maintain a premium video streaming and web experience in line with the leaders in the industry. We are looking for a strong leader who can juggle multiple projects at once and maintain a team focus that keeps our products and services performing at a high level. As part of this role, you will:
- Manage overall QA team, including the QA roadmap & the teams technology stack
- Work with product owners and team stakeholders to review new features and create comprehensive test plans
- Expand on our automated QA workflow to improve efficiency
- Maintain a communication plan and communicate to leadership, stakeholders, and staff the current status of our services and apps as well as status of future enhancements to the QA workflow in a timely manner
- Refine the team processes
- Load balance assignments to the team
- Work with engineering, DevOps, design and product teams to remove any blockers
- 2 or more years of QA management or lead experience
- Bachelors degree, OR 4 or more years professional work experience
- Experience working as part of an Agile Scrum team
- Experience with testing mobile, web and other streaming devices
- Experience with ticketing systems (examples: Jira, Rally, etc.)
- Skilled in 3 or more of the following tools/languages:
- XCode Server
This is a progressive role that will be filled at the level based on the skills and experience of the selected candidate. Please include a portfolio/link displaying clear evidence of the elements listed above, if necessary. Be prepared to explain your contribution, process and rationale for the projects you show.
To be considered for this position you must also show how you meet the Basic Qualifications of the job in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT. Individual file size attachment limit is 10 MB.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
Excellent medical benefits
401(k) match up to 5%
Life insurance policy for every employee, at no cost
Cell phone and home internet reimbursement
Carpool and parking pass cash-out program
Generous maternity/paternity leave
Employee assistance programs
Fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruit and delicious snacks and beverages
Monthly catered lunches
Soft serve machine 24/7
Great eateries close by, oh, and we’re near the beach!
Massage chairs and bicycles
Onsite free parking
Flexible work hours/work from home
Hallmark Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.