QA Engineering Manager
The QA Engineering Manager will be responsible for managing a team of talented personnel in our Quality Engineering team that are building a unified test automation infrastructure and tools to ensure efficient end-to-end, component, integration, and unit test coverage of FloQast’s B2B SaaS products and platforms. This role requires the ability to balance between people management and leadership and technical leadership responsibilities. This role will be a key contributor to growing our team by recruiting and hiring QE as well as by helping to mentor and lead our current QE teams towards building world class software. The QA Engineering Manager will be responsible for working collaboratively within their team, with other teams, with other managers and with senior leadership in creating an engineering culture of excellence. This role reports to the VP of Engineering and joins a rapidly growing engineering department and company.
- Lead, manage, mentor and develop a team of software engineers in test to grow your team members’ career paths.
- Advocate for software product quality and delivery by promoting automated testing, CI/CD, DevOps and lean software development practices.
- Working closely with your team, define a roadmap for tooling and automation for rapid and iterative testing of new and existing features and systems.
- Collaborate effectively with product managers, software engineering, architecture, security and DevOps teams using lean software development, DevOps and agile principles to deliver software in a B2B SaaS product.
- Recruit, hire and retain QE staff by participating in recruiting and interview efforts.
- Work with other engineering managers and senior engineering leaders to continuously invest in and improve the engineering department processes, practices and culture.
- Cultivate an engineering culture of innovative, egoless, high trust problem solving.
- Work with other departments as needed to collaborate on projects that span outside of engineering (HR, Marketing, Sales, Customer Success).
- 3+ years of QE management experience with track record of leading QE teams to deliver projects to a paying customer base.
- 3+ years of experience as an individual contributor as a QE automation engineer, preferably using open source software and platforms with a solid understanding of software engineering and design.
- 3+ years working on teams using Agile methodologies and an iterative process (Scrum, Kanban, XP) to deliver software to market.
- Experience recruiting, interviewing and hiring personnel in software engineering roles on your teams.
- Experience managing and coaching individuals’ performance through review processes and providing guidance and feedback to help team members grow professionally.
- Willing and able to participate in code reviews and/or hands-on coding tasks with your team.
- Positive and enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal skills and collaborative orientation.
Nice To Have Qualifications:
- Experience working on SaaS products with real, paying customers.
- Hands-on experience testing in some or all of our stack which is MongoDB, Express, React and Node (MERN).
- Experience with AWS technologies and cloud infrastructures especially as it relates to testing for cloud architectures.
- You care about things like software quality, TDD, DevOps & CI/CD, Agile, Lean Software Engineering, Continuous Improvement, fostering a culture of learning, servant leadership among others.
Why join FloQast? www.floqast.com
FloQast is a fast growing, Los Angeles-based, early-stage company redefining how a critical business process (financial close) is performed. Our growth and success is fueled by a passion to define and dominate the Close Management Software market. We are the first company of our kind to focus specifically on the mid-market. Our prospects have been hungry for a solution like FloQast for years and the response to our solution has been overwhelmingly positive.
- We are fanatics about the success of our customers. Check us out on G2 Crowd
- We are equally fanatic about creating and maintaining a fabulous culture of support and success for all employees. Check out what people are saying on Glassdoor
- We are moving quickly and there is huge upside opportunity in terms of career growth
- FloQast offers competitive compensation, stock options, full benefits, and a positive and supportive work environment
- Ranked 11th on the 2018 Best Places to Work by LA Business Journal
- FloQast ranked on The SaaS 1000