As an integral part of our experienced engineering team you will coordinate the efforts around the full cycle of manual testing for our iOS, Android and web-based clients. The role involves testing strategy through the planning, creation and execution of tests. We would like you to be curious and detail-oriented, with high standards demonstrated by clear logging and verification.
With 4M daily active users, the Grindr app is constantly optimized and at the forefront of user functionality and features in the dating space.
This role is embedded directly with the engineering and product teams. You will work together and advocate for the highest quality standards in every release. We care a lot about what we do. We want you to do the same, and we encourage ideas and input around how product functionality can be improved.
- Learn and understand our software clients
- Partner closely with engineers and product team members to understand the feature roadmap and develop comprehensive testing plans with supporting test cases and schedule
- Use analysis of our member base to ensure proper platforms and devices are being tested against. Keep pace with changes in these areas
- Execute against testing plan, keeping clear defect logs and adding additional detail through verbal communication where necessary
- Introduce and maintain the use of defect, test-tracking and documentation tools
- Define KPIs and represent the quality of product in person at stand-ups and demos
- Work to make sure software engineers write tests that provide sufficient code coverage
- 2+ years of experience testing mobile and browser-based applications
- Experience with black box testing of native clients on mobile platforms (Android and iOS) both through the use of physical devices and simulators/emulators
- Knowledge and understanding of APIs and how to test APIs. Comfortable using tools to monitor communication between client and API
- Experience with tools to monitor network traffic from a mobile device.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You will be clearly articulating issues to team members of varying technical ability
- Familiarity and/or experience with automation framework like Selenium, Espresso, XCUITest or Appium is highly preferred
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off Policy
- Competitive Salaries
- 401(k)- Matching
- Catered daily lunch
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.