Greater LA Area
Relativity seeks a highly talented Propulsion Engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will build the core of our propulsion capability via the development and operation of world-class engines, turbopumps, combustion devices, and integration to complete rocket vehicle stages. A high degree of autonomy and leadership is required.
This position is based in Los Angeles but requires travel to our Mississippi test site as needed.
- Design, build, and test advanced rocket engines and propulsion systems.
- Support propulsion system design through all phases from preliminary design and analysis to detailed design, integration, test, and qualification.
- Develop test programs and processes, analyze data and test results, and troubleshoot propulsion hardware and performance.
- Work with manufacturing engineers to develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods using knowledge of product design, materials and parts, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in engineering with 3+ years experience developing liquid rocket engines.
- Strong understanding of launch vehicle propulsion systems and components.
- ProE/CREO experience or equivalent with an understanding and application of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5-1994.
- Proficient in the physics of compressible and incompressible flow, thermodynamics, multiphase flow, mechanics, and materials.
- Good understanding and experience working with advanced manufacturing techniques to design for manufacturability and assembly.
- Hands on experience through internships or extracurricular activities
- Experience leading small teams in complex engineering projects.
- Experience with powder bed additive manufacturing and automation techniques.
- Familiarity with industry-standard propulsion design and analysis codes.
- Experience developing propulsion system design and analysis codes.
- Experience managing subcontractors, suppliers, and vendors.
- 5+ years experience developing liquid rocket engines.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description