Job Summary: iHerb is seeking a talented and motivated Automation Engineer with an emphasis on innovative automation solutions to be applied in our Fulfillment centers. Candidate must have a strong understanding of automation systems including vision systems, robotics, agv, PLC, etc. as well as design and specification (RFP) of custom designed and commissioned integrated systems (e.g. sorters, box erectors, palletizers, etc). Additionally the engineer creates RFP and specs required to specify, test, qualify and document these systems.
- Generate RFP and Specs for off the shelf, custom integrated and in house designed solutions
- •Work closely with Ops team to identify opportunities to improve via automation
- Design new systems (vision systems, 6 axis, etc) from ground up
- Conduct meetings including Design Reviews, Solutions layouts, and Risk Assessments
- Support site launch (travel required)
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • Technical problem-solving and analytical skills
- • Excellent written and oral communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- • Experience interacting with vendors, integrators, engineering, etc.
- • Ability to multitask in a high energy environment
Equipment Knowledge: Understanding of Supply Chain
Experience Requirements: Generally requires 6 years relevant work experience developing solutions in a similar factory or warehouse environment
Education Requirements: Generally requires a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
Judgment/Reasoning Ability: Able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when to escalate issues, as required, in a timely manner.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk and hear. The Team Member is frequently required to stand, walk, climb stairs, use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to store materials throughout the work day. The Team Member may occasionally lift or move materials and products up to 25 pounds. Proper lifting techniques required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are:
- Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
- Company uniforms, closed-toed shoes, casual work environment
- Warehouse environment, may be required to wear safety equipment
- Ability to work extended hours as required