Manager, Front End Engineering
About the Role
- Build out an exceptional team through a combination of training, career development, recruiting, and process improvement
- Partner with senior engineers to define the next generation architecture for the front end team, including identifying gaps in the existing system and designing alternatives that are scalable, robust and easy to maintain
- Lead by example and help other engineers with their projects e.g. outline and architect out big problems. You are not expected to take on any critical path projects, but you will help your team with the development of theirs.
- Set clear expectations and foster a positive work environment based on accountability, collaboration and career development
- Identify and resolve process bottlenecks and thoughtfully implement processes that enhance the team's code quality and customer impact
- Own your team’s deliverables and ensure we continue to ship scalable, highly-available products
- Be a helpful and supportive presence on the team, contributing to code reviews and technical architecture discussions
- 5+ years of work experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services.
- 4+ years of technical leadership, people management experience, and engineering management experience
- Familiar and comfortable with the technologies, the tradeoffs, and the design patterns emerging in web services
- Attention to detail, passion for UX and design, excellent problem solving skills, and great communication skills
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work independently, and you're able to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
- Experience with iterative design and working with cross functional teams
- Comfort with data analytics, testing tools, and A/B testing methodology