Who we are:
Zwift is the fitness company born from gaming. We use the fun of gaming and the power of communities to inspire and encourage everybody to turn their fitness goals into achievements, from start to finish, wherever your finish line is.
We took the boring indoor cycling and running routine and game-ified it, creating a rewarding social experience shared by a global community.
We're a fast-growing, solidly backed startup defined by a passionate group of creative people. Zwift HQ is located in sunny Long Beach, CA with offices in NYC, London, and Rio de Janeiro.
Who we're looking for:
The Manager, Engineering is responsible for coordinating and maintaining the development and delivery plans working with a high-performance technical team in the Long Beach office.
You'll be responsible for your team's code quality and speedy delivery and for enforcing engineering best practices like unit testing, TDD, code readability, and scalability. You'll also be responsible for growing your team, both through hiring a diverse team, as well as coaching your team for performance. When needed, you jump in and write code yourself.
What we're looking for:
- BS in Computer Science or Relevant Technical Area.
- 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 3+ years of relevant management experience
- Proven experience leading agile teams using modern agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban
- Build realistic project plans, align across teams with respect to deliverables, proactively identify risks and develop mitigation plans
- Define and drive key success metrics and communicate progress to executive stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Effective at hiring, coaching, and managing diverse engineering teams
- Advanced knowledge in Computer Science, Data Structures, Algorithms and overall Software Design
- Experience with GIT and/or SVN
- Experience with Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment
- Experience developing and architecting full-stack solutions
- Experience with AWS EC2, S3, ELB, Aurora, RDS, OpsWorks, Elasticache
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help your team win
- Self-motivation to deliver results and seek continuous improvement
- Experience integrating with payment systems (credit card processors, Braintree, others)
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
- Experience in video gaming or health & fitness industries
- Passion for cycling, running and/or fitness
- Experienced Zwifter
Top 5 Reasons We Think You'll Love It Here:
- Great Employee Fitness Program… earn a bike or other fitness equipment!
- Amazing office location on the 18th floor with a killer view
- Competitive Benefits (including Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- Awesome team of diverse individuals that love what they do
- Did we mention that we ride bikes at work and run at work?
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.