Lead Systems Engineer
Greater LA Area
Team and Role Overview:
Relativity Space is seeking a Lead Systems Engineer to lead the systems engineering process for Terran 1. In this role, you will work closely with engineering groups across the company in order to manage the design lifecycle of launch systems. You will be reporting directly to the Director of Vehicle Engineering.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
Our mission is to change the people’s conception of the way rockets are built and flown. As Lead Systems Engineer, you will develop and manage engineering processes and facilitate the evolution of launch systems over their life cycles. On a day to day, you will interface with various groups to develop requirements, drive trades, organize engineering data, and manage the maturation of launch system design by developing internal standards and design reviews.
Candidate Profile: (Who is the person we are looking for?)
Ideally you are a candidate who has worked at a launch vehicle company, having experience with requirements, system architecture, ConOps development, and verification planning. You should also have experience working in small, fast paced teams with technical hands on experience in various aspects of rocket development such as Avionics, Thermal/Fluids, Propulsion, Structures, and/or Software. You will hold full accountability of writing the launch vehicle and program requirements and developing our internal design and verification standards.
You should also be someone with great verbal and written communication skills, with strong attention to detail—we are building rockets, after all.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in engineering or related field and 5+ years relevant experience
- Experience leading projects, developing innovative designs in aerospace, and participating in trade studies of large aerospace projects
- Work with interdisciplinary teams in a technical leadership capacity
- Written or contributed to subsystem or higher level requirements and verification plans
- Hands on experience in an aerospace company
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment
- Experience leading the technical development of launch vehicle systems
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description