Lead Software Developer
We need your help in building three things:
- “The Netflix for Snacks.” We’re building the most advanced “personalized snacking experience” in the industry which means we need your help to build cutting edge recommendation engines that deploy machine learning and artificial intelligence to deliver ultra-customized snack curations for our customers
- “The Master Key for Brands.” Our proprietary data & insights SaaS platform unlocks all the secrets of what today’s snack brands need to succeed in the marketplace. The Master Key is an insights engine that combines consumer data, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics to provide real-time intelligence from target consumers which helps CPG brands improve their product, stay competitive, and grow.
- “Robots Talking to Robots.” That’s right, robots talking to robots! We’re building a decision engine that uses machine learning to optimize groupings of shipments and forecast just-in-time inventory so that customers can get personalized boxes of snacks (which, in the future, will be packed by robots). The only question is, are you more “Ex Machina” or “Her?”
What You'll Do:
- Build new features to our fast growing and evolving application, with daily deployments and real-time metrics.
- Work with a team of talented developers and designers to build simple, beautiful and consistent user experience for our applications.
- Drive the implementation of new technologies to improve our ability to build a great product.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Manage AWS Lambda functions for ETL and cross-application integration.
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years of professional experience with Ruby on Rails.
- You have 5+ years of professional experience with Relational Databases (ie. MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (ie. MongoDB, Couchbase).
- You have experience leading the development of a project thru all stages of the SDLC.
- You have built secure, high-performing RESTful APIs at scale.
- You consistently achieve high levels of code coverage with test frameworks.
- You have hands-on experience with e-commerce subscription systems (ie Zuora, Recurly).
- You enjoy providing mentorship to your teammates.
- You care about the details.
- You seek perpetual growth.
Perks & Benefits:
- Employee Stock Options
- Paid Time Off
- Company Subsidized Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
- Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
- Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
- Yoga & Wellness Activities
- Happy Hours
- Company Retreats
- Dog Friendly
Our Tech Stack
- We use Ruby on Rails for application server, MySQL for database, and Redis for our A/B testing data.
- We implemented a style guide based on this article.