Lead / Senior Software Engineer - SaaS
Position Primary Responsibilities
We are looking for a skilled software engineer to design and build a new SaaS platform with us. It’s a great opportunity to lead, learn and grow fast. You will play a key role in mentoring, coaching, on-boarding and leading a team of software engineers locally and offshore to create advanced product solutions as a team. Design, develop, test, release, and maintain software alongside the team. Set achievable but challenging goals and lead the team towards meeting them. Communicate and evolve designs and solutions to current and new team members in an effective way. Trace contributions of the team and yourself to meaningful outcomes and values that help grow the business. Resolve conflicts effectively.
Who We Are
A unique, well-funded, early stage startup that builds cloud-based software for organizations to help define their optimum product lineup and their sales mix.
From cars to smartphones, our mission is to provide innovative software spaces and solutions that enable organizations and teams to efficiently define and decide on what product lines and features to provide that matter most to their customers within the constraints of the business.
We have an environment where everyone is engaged and learning never stops, where smart people with diverse backgrounds come together to solve challenging problems, to lead, to own and to produce amazing things.
From sending members of our teams to industry leading conferences, sign them up for online training, to coaching and peer programming we support our team with what they need to grow and be successful.
We eat complexity for breakfast! We solve complex problems such as calculating billions of possible combinations from a network of feature relationships to scaling an enterprise grade SaaS application.
But we believe in staying healthy and have fun so we do have soccer Fridays and office exercises whether you join as a participant or a fan that cheers. We are a small family and we celebrate our achievements and our birthdays and hang out for lunch and happy hours.
If you want to help organizations put better products into the market, if you are passionate about your craft, a lifelong learner, wants to push limits to differentiate and grow a new business as part of a cross functional team, we want to meet you.
- Competitive Salary based on experience and skills
- Bonus based on company results and individual performance
- Great health benefits
- Retirement Plan with Matching Contributions
- Paid Vacation
- Opportunity to earn equity
- Great location and office space
Basic Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of latest cloud software design patterns
- Software development experience:
- C#, .NET framework, Object-Oriented Designs and coding best practices
- SaaS Subscription based software architecture
- Azure services and cloud development designs frameworks and architecture
- NoSql data stores such as Graph and Document database modeling and structures
- developing large-scale, multi-tier or microservices based software applications
- data structures and algorithms
- CI/CD, versioning and test automation
- Mentoring and effectively communicating technical designs, concepts, standards and best practices using different channels oral and written
- Working with remote teams in different timezones
- eXtreme programming and Agile best practices including but not limited to pair programming, servant leadership, TDD and code reviews
- Best practices and processes of maintaining and evolving a 24x7 high availability SaaS system
- Proactive in motivating and achieving results on-time and with high effectiveness as a team
- 5+ years working experience in software development
- 2+ years of management or team leadership experience
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and using remote collaborative tools
- Ability and interested in interfacing directly with customers and internal and external stakeholders
- MSc Degree in Computer Science or similar degree
- PhD in computer science, applied mathematics, information systems or other related technical field
- Background in applied mathematics, machine learning, rules-based systems and statistics software and algorithms
- Manufacturing, product planning, configuration management or relevant industry knowledge
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert
- Expert systems and machine learning tools and techniques