Lead QA Engineer
We’re looking for a Lead Quality Assurance Engineer to lead a team of QA engineers and support the development of Procore web and mobile applications as you guide the standard of higher technical excellence. This role consists of two primary responsibilities: 1) you will be embedded as a critical-path member of a small software engineering team, ensuring quality of process and delivery, and 2) you will manage, grow, and mentor up to three QA team members embedded on other engineering teams.
As a successful Lead QA Engineer, you have the aptitude to learn new skills quickly, have expert attention to detail, and are experienced in innovating around software QA processes in an agile environment. You demonstrate effective communication skills, both one-on-one and across large audiences. As a Lead QA Engineer, you must be able to thrive in a face-paced, agile environment and adapt quickly to rapid change. You will be as responsible for our processes as you are for our products, and you will be expected to work with your team on ways that we can make steps to improve quality of the team’s day to day work. This position requires strong organizational skills and a lot of problem-solving – your background should match.
What you'll do:
- Oversee up to 3 QA Engineer direct reports who work across multiple areas of the web and mobile applications
- Build a detailed understanding of how various parts of the product work from end to end within your team’s area of focus
- Support the development and testing efforts of the engineering squads under your purview.
- Assist other QA Engineers with test planning and execution efforts
- Combine automated and manual testing efforts to ensure proper test coverage for code changes
- Demonstrate thoughtful leadership techniques to keep your team successful
- Communicate effectively with managers and colleagues from other departments, as well as your team members
- Develop and mentor QA engineers
- Work with your team to ensure that QA is involved early and often in the entire development cycle
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years of experience in software quality assurance, preferably in SaaS-based products
- 1+ years of management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Familiarity with scripting (Ruby preferred), HTTP protocols, test frameworks
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) both on an individual basis, as well as with larger groups
- Ability to analyze and break down complex problems, and to create innovative ways to ensure the quality of the team’s deliverables
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.