Lead Manufacturing Process Development Engineer - Tube & Track
You will be a part of the Manufacturing Process Development team who is responsible for defining how Hyperloop sub-systems are produced from early prototyping to mass production. You will lead a team of process development engineers to develop and implement robust manufacturing processes for the Hyperloop vacuum tube, vacuum mechanisms, portal systems & linear track.
- Lead a team of process development engineers and delegate work load appropriately to maintain team balance & efficiency
- Identify individual direct report strengths & weaknesses and structure their responsibilities to develop both
- Provide technical & non-technical guidance to team members to foster career & personal development
- Lead the research, design, prototype and development of manufacturing processes from preliminary “laboratory” testing to full scale mass production
- Provide DFM/DFA feedback to engineering team
- Work with a Project Manager to ensure the team meets critical project schedule deadlines
- Work daily with lead hardware design engineers to understand the most up-to-date product requirements and development status to ensure manufacturing development keeps pace or leads product design
- Lead the research & reporting of total manufacturing costs for various design trades
- Identify strategic opportunities for manufacturing IP generation
- Perform other duties as assigned
- An experienced engineering leader who has successfully lead a team of engineers to develop complex hardware in aggressive timelines
- Able to chart a path forward through ambiguity and lack of definition
- Able to relate and present to executives, engineers and technicians
- Excellent communicator, organized, self-directed, decisive, attention to detail and possesses good judgment
- Ability to think ahead and plan over multi-month time spans
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities & projects
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Experience leading a team of engineers to success
- Experience in 2D and 3D CAD and ability to interpret & create complex part and assembly drawings
- B.S. or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Materials Engineering, Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Proficiency in ASME Y14.5 GD&T
- 4+ years of professional experience in one or more of the following or simliar:
- Manufacturing of complex welded structures
- Manufacturing of actuated mechanisms
- Manufacturing of machinery
- Manufacturing of vehicle structures
- Manufacturing of complex assemblies
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.