Lead Full Stack Engineer (Angular 2+ / .Net)
LegalZoom runs on technology, and as dot com innovators, we look to technology to help us advance and optimize everything we do. Because of this, we rely on a backbone of committed tech superstars who make our site and software more stellar every day.
We’re looking for a Lead Full Stack Engineer (frontend focused) who is a self-starter and can learn quickly, maintain focus, work collaboratively in an Agile environment, and contribute to the improvement of our QA and release processes.
What you’ll do:
- Provide mentorship and guidance to the team members to achieve highest levels of quality and productivity.
- Lead the software development projects from idea to implementation by tracking and managing progress, risks and dependencies.
- Help software architects to design solutions to support growing business needs while thoroughly considering the system impact.
- Work closely with product, marketing and other business stakeholders to gather and refine requirements, and release software in a timely fashion.
- Work closely with creative and UX teams to help build and maintain design system/pattern library.
- Be adaptive and strike a good balance between speed and efficiency.
- 25-50% hands-on development.
- Develop a deep understanding of the system, write technical specifications, mentor development team, enforce coding standards.
- Contribute in change control policies, software builds, deployment strategies, code reviews and software recommendations.
- Support the daily operations of the IT/Tech department.
- Take part in agile ceremonies to estimate and execute programming projects
- Other duties required by Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required
- 8+ years of hands on programming experience
- 5+ years of hands on programming on the .NET (4.0+) platform using C#
- Expert in implementing ASP.NET (WebForms and MVC) solutions as well as IIS management
- Experience working with TypeScript, ES6/ES7
- Exposure to front-end frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation
- Previous experience with CSS pre-processors like LESS or SASS
- Strong understanding of web optimization techniques
- Hands on experience writing tests using automation frameworks (Jasmine, Karma, etc.)
- Expert level programming with jQuery including AJAX and DOM manipulation
- Proven success implementing client side frameworks such as Angular 2+. Experience with Node.js is a plus
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
- Experience building backend APIs for the front-ends you have worked on
- Minimum 3 years experience leading agile development teams
- Extensive knowledge of software development, QA methodologies & release process
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and proven implementation skills
- Expert experience working with source control tools (TFS, SVN, or GIT) with strong understanding of build automation
- Hands on knowledge of design patterns such as MVP, MVC, MVVM, VIPER
- Proficiency in using architectural design utilities like Visio, ERDs, UML
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong experience with various CMS’s. Experience with Drupal a strong plus.
- Experience with LAMP stack is very desirable
- Experience working with A/B testing tools (Optimizely, etc.)
- Experience working with web analytics and marketing systems (Tealium, Google Analytics, etc.)
We are unable to accept applicants who currently or in the future will require a work Visa.
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.