Lead Engineer, Test Automation (SDET)
Our ideal candidate is a Software Engineering or Computer Science major with a proven track record building reliable automation frameworks while leading a team of test engineers. Our candidate is driven, focused, enjoys solving complex problems, and has a mindset for improving processes.
What You Will Do:
- Lead a team of software developers engineers in test.
- Architect and maintain test automation frameworks and other solutions.
- Expand and track testing coverage throughout the development lifecycle.
- Identify productivity metrics to track progress.
- Contribute to version control and integrate changes in pipeline release.
- Develop new tools for internal and external applications.
- Research and prototyping solutions.
- Debug, patch, refactor and code review existing software.
- Build and test RESTful and SOAP Web Services.
- Ability to work with 3rd party APIs to develop integration solutions.
- Participate in an Agile team focused on developing automated testing solutions.
- Other duties required by Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required. MS preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of leadership experience
- Minimum 5 years of hands on programming on Java or .NET platform using C#
- Expert knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, Web Service testing, Front-End UI automation
- Knowledge of software development, design patterns, release process, test methodologies
- Expert with unit testing frameworks (NUnit, JUnit, xUnit, or similar)
- Exposure to test automation tools (Selenium, TestNG, CUITe, MSTest, Cucumber)
- Proficient with API testing (RestSharp, or REST-assured)
- Exposure to mobile test automation is highly preferable (Appium, Espresso, XCUITest)
- Familiar with Builds and Continuous Integration (Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, MSBuilds)
- Experience working with ASP.NET (Web API, Web Forms, or MVC)
- Previous experience working with source control tools (GIT, TFS, or SVN)
- Exposure to building web services using WCF or Web API
- Knowledge of XML/XSL/JSON/SOAP
- Ability to write SQL queries as well as stored procedures and perform back-end testing
- Excellent reporting skills
- Strong comprehension of Software Development Life Cycle and Configuration Management including Agile Scrum
- Strong attention to detail, analytical skills, and problem solving expertise
- Good work ethic
- Superior communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Expert knowledge with testing methodologies and deliverables
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.