Junior Software Engineer
Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform that enables us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including SoftBank, Sequoia, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 500+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we're focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
We are looking for a talented, results-oriented, and passionate Junior Software Engineer. In addition to the opportunity to specialize in either our mobile, back-end or front-end stacks, this role will be at the front lines of interaction for our proprietary in-house enterprise software. This is an entry-level position to grow as a software developer with experienced engineers at one of LA's fastest growing startups. You will learn the ins and outs of how a VOIP call center, custom CRM, order management system, and our logistics mobile and desktop apps work, with the goal of both supporting and eventually contributing to the active development of these systems.
As a Software Engineer - you will:
- Develop your software engineering skills to actively contribute to key projects that have direct impact on the business
- Join a small but quickly growing core team of Engineers building web and mobile applications and developing our vertically integrated solutions from the ground up
- Write performant and testable code - building with high-performance, scalability, and fault-tolerance in mind
- Collaborate with Product Managers and other cross-functional business units to engineer new product features as we launch into new markets
What we’re looking for:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 0-3 years of related experience and strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- An adaptable and quick learner with a growth mentality who thrives in ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills & strong customer focus
- Proven analytical / problem solving ability
Bonus Points if you have:
- Hands-on experience in supply chain, logistics, e-commerce, payments, or monetization platforms a plus