JR. SUPPLIER INDUSTRIALIZATION ENGINEER
1. Position Overview
Romeo Power’s Supplier Industrialization team is responsible for the critical component development and qualification activities at the suppliers. The job involves managing and communicating with internal and external teams, traveling to suppliers in different regions, and on-the-spot critical decision making.
The goal. Delivering on time quantities of high-quality components into Romeo Power’s production processes to support rapid product development cycles and product launches.
- Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, direct and conduct supplier industrialization related activities with internal & external teams.
- Review PPAP for assigned commodities.
- Lead SCAR, coordinating with a cross-functional team to execute required Corrective and Preventive Actions.
- Facilitate communication and clarification of technical requirements between Suppliers and Romeo Power Purchasing and Engineering teams.
- Lead supplier audits to ensure their ability to meet part performance, delivery, and reliability expectations.
- Accountable for developing, tracking, and improving supplier manufacturing processes and ensuring launch readiness for new products and design changes.
- Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s (or) higher Degree in Mechanical (or) related Engineering discipline.
- In-depth knowledge of one or more manufacturing processes including injection molding, extrusions, sheet metal, and machining.
- 1+ year(s) of experience in a Supplier Quality Eng., Quality Eng., (or) Manufacturing Eng. role
- Knowledge of AIAG standards including APQP and PPAP requirements including FMEA, Control Plans, Flow Charts, [email protected], SPC, MSA, Capacity Analysis, GR&R.
- Knowledge of GD&T, measurement, and inspection methods.
- Ability to communicate and direct supplier activities at the management level.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with excellent team building skills.
- Strong technical writing ability and an ability to explain complex issues in a concise manner.
- An average of 30- 40% travel, possibly on short notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Romeo Power is a startup company located in Vernon, CA. just south of Downtown L.A., we design, and manufacture EV battery technology for various electric mobility platforms. Several of our talented staff come from Tesla, SpaceX, Faraday Future, Karma and other known unique and powerful companies. We are a group of highly-motivated and extremely talented staff that is set on launching products that will revolutionize the EV battery industry in power density.