Jr. QA Engineer
Golden Hippo Media is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo Media is currently looking for a Jr. QA Engineer who will review requirements, come up with a test strategy, thoroughly test all new and maintained web pages, report defects and other QA metrics, which will improve the overall quality of the Golden Hippo brands.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Manual testing of web pages and web applications.
- Find and log defects, with clear and concise description.
- Write test plans and test cases against requirements.
- Review product documentation for accuracy, clarity, consistency, and completeness.
- Interface with DevOps team for infrastructure change testing.
- Assisting in the design and evolution of the company's QA process.
- Work closely with development, product and QA team members.
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Bachelors Degree Preferred
- 1-3 years of experience preferred
- Knowledgeable on browsers (Edge, IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) and mobile devices.
- Experience working in a MAC and/or Windows environment.
- Experience with Wordpress.
- Experience with testing eCommerce / shopping carts.
- Experience working in JIRA or other defect reporting system..
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills.
- Attention to detail and strong documentation skills.
- Experience working with google drive (docs, sheets).
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.