Java Engineer, Microservices
DISQO is a next generation consumer insights platform. We provide the highest quality consumer data to the world's largest market research agencies, analytics companies, and brands. We operate one of the world's largest true consumer insights panels. This data helps our clients understand user behavior, build better experiences, and make better decisions. We utilize cutting-edge technology and innovative, out-of-the-box strategies to collect and analyze insights which help shape the products and services of tomorrow.
This is a great opportunity to join a fun, exciting & highly motivated team and upgrade your skills while creating real impact. We use a modern tech stack and cloud infrastructure. We are not only looking for work experience, but rather the willingness to step up to challenges and the ability to learn quickly.
We believe the best software is written and managed by small teams that know how to make the impossible possible. We use agile software development techniques and modern tools to focus our efforts on solving our business goals. We use OKRs to track everything we do. We deliver early and often. We obsess over our code, architecture and infrastructure. And we believe that these practices lead to higher quality products.
What you will do:
- Be a part of a highly functional autonomous Agile Team
- Build microservices that will ensure the integrity, scalability and performance of the platform
- Define and measure code quality over time to track improvement
- Ensure not just development, but testing is also part of the definition of done user stories to enable sprint success
- Build CI tools to enable rapid feedback and deployment and test automation
- Participate in design and code reviews
What you bring to the table:
- 4-7 years of modern Java programming (Java 8+ required)
- Experience with Spring Boot, Dropwizard, Play Framework, Akka, ...
- Experience with building Microservices and RESTful APIs
- Solid knowledge of the Design Patterns
- Experience building highly concurrent applications using modern concurrent constructs
- Experience with Linux
- Team Player, must be able to work in a team environment
- Fluent in English reading/writing/speaking
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), especially Kinesis & Lambda
- Experience with Containerization, Docker, Kubernetes & Service Mesh
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience building Analytics/Data Driven applications
- Experience with functional programming concepts and/or languages
- GitLab or similar environment