Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Know Bird vehicles inside and out, always aware of the latest changes to our systems.
- Troubleshoot vehicle issues which can involve mechanical, electro-mechanical, electrical, and cloud platform systems.
- Debug vehicle architecture from nuts and bolts, to firmware and communication systems.
- Solve complex problems at speed, ensuring we stay on track to hit aggressive growth targets.
- Synthesize complex problems in real-time and escalate to appropriate stakeholders across the organization.
- Develop and implement procedures to reduce downtime in the future
- Leverage analytics and reporting to ensure products are meeting expectation.
- Be part of an on-call shift to respond quickly to issues that may arise in our production, repair, or assembly facilities.
- 5+ years of engineering experience in a high-growth environment
- Understanding of electro-mechanical systems, including embedded systems, firmware, electric motors, and control systems
- Proven experience reacting to technical issues, finding the root cause and taking corrective action
- Fluent with technology products across IoT, distributed system, product development, and analytics
- Degree in engineering
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm in crisis
- Excellent people skills, 'on the shop floor' attitude, hands on
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description