Head of Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) Engineer
Greater LA Area
Team and Role Overview:
Relativity seeks a highly talented Head of GNC to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will provide outstanding technical leadership to the development of the Terran 1 vehicle guidance, navigation and control. A high degree of autonomy and leadership is required.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
To support our mission of changing people’s conception of the way rockets are built and flown, you will develop guidance, navigation, and control solutions for the Terran 1 launch vehicle. You will work closely with a multidisciplinary vehicle engineering team to develop the company’s GNC systems, build a team of outstanding GNC engineers, work with the flight software team to implement control algorithms and navigation solutions into Terran 1, and make recommendations for changing vehicle configuration to meet controllability and performance goals.
In order to be successful in this role, you should be someone who thrives in ambiguity and is able to lead their own projects into completion. Ideally, you are someone who has come from a fast paced, aerospace environment, having lead teams to complete difficult projects while collaborating effectively with other key groups.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in engineering
- 5+ years of experience working on GNC solutions in aerospace
- Experience leading a GNC team for a launch system
- Specialization in flight controls, navigation, or guidance for aerospace vehicles
- Ability to work in a fast paced and intense startup environment
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- 5+ years of experience in a technical leadership role for a launch vehicle
- Experience developing flight code
- Prior work in a startup or agile development environment
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description