Guidance, Navigation, and Controls (GN&C) Engineer
Greater LA Area
Relativity seeks a highly talented GN&C Engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will provide outstanding technical contribution in the development of the Terran 1 vehicle guidance, navigation and control. A high degree of autonomy and leadership is required.
- Provide engineering expertise and leadership in the design, development, testing, integration, and operation of launch vehicle GN&C systems
- Develop GN&C software and system requirements in partnership with our vehicle systems team
- Perform system testing and integration, and support system verification, validation, safety, maintainability, and flight worthiness
- Deliver highly reliable GN&C algorithms, and work closely with the flight software team to implement as flight software
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in Aerospace engineering or related field
- 3+ years of experience working on GNC solutions in aerospace
- Specialization in flight controls, navigation, or guidance for launch vehicles or satellites
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and intense startup environment
- Ability to complete projects with ownership of end-to-end solutions with a high degree of independence
- Prior work in a technical leadership role for a launch vehicle or satellite development effort
- Experience developing flight code
- Prior work in a startup or agile development environment
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description