Full Stack WordPress Developer
Within 30 days:
- Complete Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- You will master development patterns and collaborative processes. We work together to make work efficient.
- You will write internal documentation and test your features and systems. We take responsibility for communication and quality.
- You will grasp the basics of our WordPress website architecture.
- You will release first website improvement to production environment.
Within 60 days:
- You will have participated in website roadmap creation and prioritization. We communicate and collaborate on our architecture and product to achieve clear purpose, quality, scalability, and maximum learning.
- You will have clear understanding of current website architecture.
- You will take full ownership of our B2B website.
- You will learn about and contribute to major upcoming website projects.
Within 90 days:
- You will release to production first major feature or improvement.
- You will feel comfortable as a knowledge leader, contributing teaching and continuing to learn. We want to learn as much we teach.
- You will be an essential part of growing our team, by fully participating in the hiring interview process. We share responsibility to grow our team.
- You will be the primary driver for growing our website related technologies and products, helping all the stakeholders understand opportunities and make educated decisions
Within 12 months:
- You will become owner of all WordPress based ChowNow websites
- You will add analytics, A/B testing and similar practices to our toolset, building data-driven development culture
- You will experience rapid growth of our platform and be ready for next year challenges and opportunities
You should apply If you have:
- 2+ years WordPress development experience, including custom themes, plugins and integrations
- Hands on experience building mobile and responsive websites
- Experience building modular, clean, testable and highly maintainable code within WordPress environment
About Our Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- Open Vacation Policy; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- Six weeks of fully paid primary parental leave and two weeks secondary leave.
- Employer contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
About the Team:At ChowNow, we are passionate about serving the needs of over 7,000 restaurants to help them compete in an increasingly technical world. Our team works on products focused on restaurant clients and their diners (who transact over $1,000,000 daily on the ChowNow platform). We believe positive relationships make our team able to do more with less. You will collaborate, learn, teach, and experiment with new approaches to getting big things done together. Our team is located in the Playa Vista neighborhood and tech hub of Los Angeles — 5 minutes from both the beach and the freeways. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too. We’ve been named a Best Place to Work, have been certified as a Great Place to Work, and have a whole bunch of happy employees on Glassdoor. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.