Full-stack Software Engineer
First Resonance is looking for a Full-stack Software Engineer to help disrupt the manufacturing industry. The ideal candidate is someone that is a hustler, go-getter, and is thrilled by the opportunity to build technology and products at an early-stage startup. Our engineering team works on building many services that make up the Testhub hardware testing platform. These include an application to manufacturing inputs, an edge-deployed SDK that connects to real-world test equipment, hosted data science tools, and a high-throughput time-series database. The Full-Stack Software Engineer will work directly with the CEO and other members of the product team to define product roadmaps/timelines and build the product stack. The ideal candidate will also be able to work with customers directly, in certain cases.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, scrappy, detail-oriented, friendly, and has the ability to learn quickly. A strong interest in Industrial IoT, Industry 4.0, and tinkering with hardware and software is preferred.
- Superpower Google and Stackoverflow skills
- At least one object-oriented language (Java, C++, C#)
- Experience with backend web applications (Python Flask)
- Experience with frontend web frameworks (React)
- Git (VCS)
- Experience with Cloud platforms, like Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Worked on software projects with multiple contributors (e.g. using git branching model)
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and tools (e.g. Jira)
- Has built production-grade software systems used by others
- Experience with unit testing and integration test frameworks (e.g. pytest, Jest)
- Familiarity or experience with non-software engineer disciplines (mechanical, electrical)
Responsibilities / Initiatives
The Full-Stack Software Engineer will work on solving software problems for the development of the Testhub product. He/she will be moving across the stack to deliver solutions for the customer. The engineer will learn how to balance scrappiness with high-quality product development and be able to effectively make development tradeoffs in the best interest of the customer.