If you ever found yourself paying $40 for a cup of coffee (and you’re not insane) then you’re already familiar with the $33B problem we’re trying to solve - overdrafts (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-04/bank-overdraft-fees-are-here-to-stay).
To fight against that, Dave helps you budget for your upcoming expenses and lets you advance a portion of your paycheck with no interest. Instead of charging interest or predatory fees, Dave lets users decide what is fair to pay. We also plant a tree for every % tip.
We are choosing to build a quality team vs a large team. You will be a formative part of our company culture moving forward. To that point, we want someone that can take ownership of a project from beginning to end and can do it on their own. We’ll be there to support you but not hold your hand.
We are started by a 4X entrepreneur ($85mm exit) and are backed by investors like Mark Cuban, SV Angel, The Chernin Group, David Friedberg, The Kraft Group, SRI, Diplo and more.
Sure, we’ve checked all the boxes you’d expect from a fast-moving startup, but the best thing we can offer you is a supportive environment for learning and opportunities for personal/professional growth.
- Work closely with our PM and design teams to define feature specifications and build products leveraging frameworks such as React & React Native
- Work closely with operations and infrastructure to build and scale back-end services
- Regularly participate in code reviews and other team functions
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in software development
- Strong CS fundamentals and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Experience with the Dave Tech Stack is a plus: Typescript (Runs on Node.js), MySQL, Google Cloud Platform, React Native, React
- Effective communication skills, a positive attitude, and ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- The ability to discuss and explain system architecture and component design.
· Premium PPO Medical and Dental Insurance plan for you and your family
· A brand new computer/equipment of your choosing
· Catered lunch 2x/week
· 1UP Wednesdays where you can teach or learn something new from a fellow Dave
· Flexible vacation time
· Basketball hoop
· Open and creative office space
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.