Full Stack Developer
Skybound Entertainment is looking for a full-stack engineer with a solid foundation in the visual side of front-end development that also has strong backend skills with experience using AWS.
The ideal candidate will have experience with WordPress multi-user networks and follow WordPress best practices. Experience with APIs and how data transfers between multi-platform applications. Well versed in both front-end and back-end technologies and trends. Experience working with Shopify environments is highly preferred.
We are looking for a developer that not only has a strong technical understanding of their tools, but also practical, great at producing results, a quick learner, and great communicator. The ideal individual will be highly collaborative with content producers and UX/UI designers to implement design into efficient, scalable code.
This is an independent inside developer role that will work with our internal Product/UI/UX team augmented by professional, external development resources.
- Expert level proficiency with CSS including animations and transitions
- Custom WordPress theme development, and deep familiarity with the WordPress plugin ecosystem
- WordPress Plugin directory: Have the ability to identify appropriate off-the-shelf vs. custom build solution and the relevant tradeoffs
- Production experience with at least one CSS pre-processor (SASS, LESS, PostCSS, etc)
- MySQL database skills are very important – working with Google Analytics, Tableau a huge plus
- Solid experience with cross-device responsive web development techniques with a strong mobile first mindset
- Knowledge of advanced debugging techniques and usage of browser developer tools
- Usage of at least one build tool (Gulp, Webpack, npm-scripts)
- Usage of Git, branching, and team workflows
- Take ownership of tasks and drive them through to delivery. Must be comfortable working independently or part of a small team.
- Write excellent, fluent PHP
- Produce quality HTML, CSS/SASS, JS and PHP to create custom plugins and themes from supplied design files will be critical to your success
- Be familiar with WordPress migrations
- Feel comfortable with Multisite Network management
- Understand and practice Git and GitFlow
- Demonstrate proven experience of site building using the latest technologies
- Debug problems with existing WordPress plugins and setups
- Diagnose server issues
- Communicate clearly with non-technical stakeholders about your work and progress during daily standups
- Lead the way by identifying, sharing and championing best practices
- Be passionate about site speed and performance and the techniques to achieve results
- Agile methodology -- sprint/scrum/stand-up working experience.
- Help design and implement functional requirements
- Write high-quality code with readability, efficiency, and maintainability in mind
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers to implement the best design into the code
- Using version control and dependency management
What Success Looks Like:
You will assist with the discovery and prioritization of new work, and take ownership of appropriate tasks, seeing them through to delivery.
You’ll work closely as a “team” with both internal stakeholders and external team members to drive projects to successful completion.
You will create massive business value by understanding what the different areas of the business do, what the impact of your work will be to each of those areas, and then focusing and delivering quickly.
A public GitHub presence and portfolio samples will go a long way
Please be prepared to provide code samples