Full Stack Developer (Python Engineer)
Full-Stack Developer (Python Engineer)
PLAYA VISTA - ENGINEERING - FULL-TIME
Modern Animal Health is building next-generation veterinary care. Our mission is to leverage technology to improve the lives of pets, pet parents, and the healthcare partners that take care of them. We are well-funded by top-tier venture capital firms and have an experienced entrepreneurial team, including the founders of Whistle. If you love animals, small teams, and next-generation technology, this is the job for you! We're located in the heart of Playa Vista, close to great restaurants, hiking trails, and the beach. We follow the work-hard, play-hard ethos, with flexible hours and a dog-friendly office (of course). This is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor and build a company from scratch.
Our current stack is Python and React Native. But we are looking to add components in Swift/Kotlin, Go, and Node in the near future.
Role and Responsibility
You’ll be a member of a small cross-functional team working on building out software for our customers, veterinarians, and technicians. You will work closely with our design and product teams to build beautiful and functional interfaces. You’ll build out the backend APIs and systems that power on customer facing software. You’ll also help with writing automated tests, helping peer review code, help spec out API requirements, and mentor other members of the tech team.
- Experience with writing Python or similar language (GoLang, Ruby, etc.)
- Ability to navigate the different products of AWS: EC2, RDS, etc.
- Desire to do truly “full-stack” work, including devops
- You love Docker
- History of writing clean, readable code and unit tests (examples of works such as a portfolio on GitHub is a strong plus)
- Ability to breakdown a feature into releasable chunks, estimate release schedule, and collaborate with others to work on features
- A proponent of domain driven design and the ubiquitous language
- Consuming and defining traditional RESTful APIs
- Proficiency using Git in an agile development team setting
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Experience with machine learning such as scikit-learn, xgboost, or tensorflow
- Expert at hunting down and squashing bugs
- A strong interest or previous experience building an app from the ground up.
- Proven track record of collaborating on a team on large-scale projects
- You love startups and working in the startup culture
- BS in Computer science or equivalent proficiency
- Ability to pass a technical interview
- Competitive Salary
- Pet Friendly, brand new office
- Small teams - own your own projects
- Dictate architectural and design decisions
- Excellent health insurance and other benefits
- Flexible hours, work-from-home, and vacation – take time off when you need it
- Endless coffee
- Get in on the ground floor of a fast-growing startup!