The Front-End Software Engineer will work to design and implement the interfaces and front ends required to run a hyperloop. They will integrate with designers, back-end engineers, embedded engineers, DevOps engineers, and architects to deliver the software that will make Virgin Hyperloop One a reality. We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
- Design, implement, and support front-end applications for core transit functions and other products.
- Work closely with the UI/UX team to design the user interfaces for the software that will run a hyperloop.
- Keep a customer focused mindset, prioritizing developer productivity and application uptime.
- Champion processes and procedures across the organization.
- Work within both agile and waterfall environments with safety-critical and safety-related systems.
- Working proficiency and excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science or similar field, or equivalent experience
- Experience building and maintaining web-based front-end solutions
- MS degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- 3+ years of experience working with front-end frameworks (React/Redux)
- Successfully delivered and maintained a major cloud service with large numbers of end users
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Experience with Linux
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.