Fandango is looking for Back End Software Engineers at all levels. As a software engineer working on our systems and services, you will work with a team of other software engineers to deliver projects and systems critical to Fandango’s business. We expect our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic about taking on new problems across our businesses as we continue to build great experiences for fellow movie fans.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve back end software and services
- Perform code reviews and collaborate with peers on software solutions
- Interact with Product Managers and Quality Engineers to deliver high quality, high profile software and user experiences
- Participate in Agile ceremonies (standups, retros, sprint planning, etc.
- Troubleshoot and fix production issues as they occur
● BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
● 4+ years of professional experience as a software engineer working in a back end or full-stack capacity
● A strong understanding of software design patterns and principles
● Experience with a variety of data stores; SQL/RDBMS, NoSQL, BaaS, etc.
● Familiar with Git or other source code control systems
● Working knowledge of common networking, infrastructure, and technical security fundamentals
● Experience developing consumer facing software, especially at scale
● Familiarity with test driven and behavioral driven development practices
● Experience working in an agile/Scrum environment
● Experienced with cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure or similar) technologies
● Familiar with software build, release, deployment and monitoring tools and practices
● Familiar with RESTful APIs, microservices, and/or service-oriented architectures
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through https://www.fandango.com/careers to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Desired Characteristics :
● Passionate about software development throughout the entire software life cycle from design and architecture through development, testing and delivery
● Collaborative. Works well in a team. Excited to succeed and to help other engineers succeed
● Eager to learn and stretch your boundaries while you learn and leverage new technologies
● Open to new approaches and new ideas
● Can take initiative to solve issues