Greater LA Area
Yankees, Angels, Eagles, Seahawks, Lollapalooza, Governors Ball, Bonnaroo…the biggest names in entertainment are our customers. We power the tech behind every t-shirt, hotdog and drink sold at these venues, and at a global list of other clients that you just wouldn’t believe. Didn’t think Point of Sale could be sexy? Think again.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for leading a talented, cross functional team in enhancing our high performance, cloud-based, SaaS web application and mobile apps. We're looking for people who not only have a strong technical background and interest, but who want to drive innovation in people management, motivation and growth. You’ll be working with and mentoring talented individuals and working closely with other teams and departments to brainstorm, innovate and ultimately deliver the best client integration and user experience. If you don't just see management as the next logical step, but are a passionate, driven leader, you can be a great fit for our team.
We have an incredible team, with a brilliant culture. Your friends will be jealous when you tell them about your day at work. What are you waiting for? Send us your resume!
- Manage and recruit to one or more cross functional Agile Teams, including Front-end and Back-end Developers, Mobile Developers, and QA Engineers to deliver valuable functionality to our clients.
- Define and drive an overall unifying vision for the team and its projects, processes, workflows, and related areas, with a solid understanding of company objectives, through motivation, consensus building and leading change.
- Work with peers and leadership to implement and drive adaptations across teams and strategic organizational processes, workflows, and related areas.
- Leverage your technical and domain expertise to partner with Product representatives, stakeholders and your team in defining project deliverables, presenting innovative solutions and, ultimately, to successfully plan, manage and drive the timely delivery of corporate initiatives.
- Review and understand core strengths and weaknesses across team members, and proactively engage, mentor, and define goals in order to capitalize on strengths or mitigate gaps.
- Effectively plan, communicate and conduct presentations (project milestones, risk mitigation, road maps, resource needs, technical information, etc.) for senior management, executives and stakeholders, while conveying and driving actionable items to your team.
- Work closely, partner, and collaborate with our principal architect to provide exceptional solutions that adhere to, or create, standards across teams.
- Manage budget and resources for your team.
- Effectively communicate and resolve personnel issues on your team, while maintaining positive relationships, leveraging the various strengths of personalities involved, and general creative problem solving.
- Contribute to design reviews, code reviews and hands-on work in your respective domain.
- Manage day to day administrative tasks such as time off requests, sick days, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Recent prior experience as a Manager in software development of large-scale web applications, with at least 10 overall years of related experience.
- 5+ years of onsite employee supervisory experience, with the ability to direct and manage multiple teams of various disciplines, either directly or through subordinate supervisors and/or managers.
- Exceptional communication and people skills, with a passion for product excellence, talent development and mentoring.
- Knowledge of full SDLC processes and best practices, Technical Design, Database paradigms, performance monitoring and instrumentation.
- Strong experience in Agile methodology, processes, and best practices.
- Solid understanding of modern SaaS web-based application key concepts and features.
- Understanding of QA standards and best practices, TDD concepts.
- Experience with at least one modern OOP-based language (Java, Python, C# etc.) and related stack.
- Able to conceptualize overall components of technological stacks and pipelines, and convey such information to both technical and non-technical audiences alike.
- Keeps abreast of emerging technologies, trends, and relevant areas of interest and applies such knowledge as appropriate.
- BS, EE or CS degree is a plus.
What's in it for you:
- Competitive salary.
- Full health, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Ability to go to sporting events and concerts all across the US.
- Unlimited vacation
Read Full Job Description